The specialty of Nephrology, is the branch of medicine that deals with the physiology and diseases of the kidneys including arterial hypertension and vascular risk. Our department of Nephrology works towards the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of pathologies such ass:
- Acute and chronic renal failure.
- Essential hypertension, resistant and screening for secondary hypertension.
- Hypertensive and diabetic nephropathy.
- Urinary and sediment abnormalities such as proteinuria and haematuria.
- Reno ureteral stones or calculus
- Disorders in regulation of the internal chemistry ie: alterations of sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium and pH.
- States of oedema and volume overload
- Anaemia Associated with Chronic Renal Insufficiency